Friday, January 30, 2009

The Superb Owl

Ah, the Superb Owl. An elusive creature, indeed. Many groups of hunters have spent the past six months in hopes of reaching the Superb Owl, but only two will have the honor of ruffling her mighty feathers in Tampa this weekend.

Warriors from Pittsburgh and Arizona will exchange fire in hopes of conquering the Superb Owl, giving one group the opportunity to hoist a mighty trophy in celebration of the kill.

I do not wish to brag (ok, maybe I do), but I have an opportunity to view the Superb Owl in person this weekend, so in a matter of minutes I will be hopping into the Smootmobile to head south. My plan is to get as far as Jacksonville tonight, make the rest of the pilgrimage on Saturday, and spend a night with my uncle before the Big Hunt on Sunday.

As per usual, I have packed way more stuff than I'll ever need for a four-day adventure. Given the climate changes, I have your warm weather clothes, your cold weather clothes, your cold weather clothes that you have to wear in a warm climate that is experiencing unusually cold temperatures, and various combinations of black and gold, and gold and black.

And in case it gets really cold, I'll have Groundhog Brew available for warmth. This is a special beer made especially for Groundhog Day, and hopefully I'll be able to spread some cheer with it in Florida. Speaking of which, I'll be missing my first Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney in about 25 years. A chance to see the Superb Owl only comes so often, you know…

Anyway, you can rest assured that I'll return with a plentiful supply of boring stories to share next week!

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

So, I had KDKA on the radio this afternoon, listening to their broadcast from Rudy's in Tampa and I heard your alter-ego step up to the microphone.