Sunday, February 1, 2009

Live From Tampa!

I've never blogged live on location before, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I have made it to Tampa... wooooo! I'm writing this from the Media Center, which is eerily empty at the moment. At 1:30 I'll catch a shuttle bus to Raymond James Stadium (its friends just call it "Ray Jim Stadium") for the Big Game. So far the black and gold far outnumbers the fans wearing Arizona colors. Something like 5,000 to 1, I'd estimate.

I've enjoyed bumbling around the city since yesterday, mostly in an attempt to figure out where I parked my car. It's pretty sad that I had a hard time finding it, even after marking its location with my GPS.

This morning I enjoyed a big media pre-game brunch at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. I knew it was a classy affair because they had three omelette dudes making custom orders! I also decided it was a classy affair because Andy Rooney from 60 Minutes wandered in so he could enjoy free food, too. You know how old he looks on TV? He looks to be no younger than 130 when he gives his cranky commentaries. Believe it or not, he looks significantly older in person... perhaps a few years older than death.

Speaking of classy, I just went over to a vending machine here in the media area, equipped with several crisp dollar bills so I could buy a can of Pepsi. Much to my surprise, the Pepsi was free. I may move in and just live here!

I guess that's about it for now. I may wander outside since it is actually sunny. We probably won't see sun again in Pittsburgh for several more months, so I should take advantage of it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had the good sense to go check the Budweiser machine after your first discovery.

-SantoniAnonymous Holmes