Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hey, Hawaii Five-O!

Whew! I'm finally home from Tampa and I'm slowly recovering from my severe case of Black & Gold Fever. What a trip! I'll share some snippets of my Big Game experience in the coming days.

For now, I'll share my most memorable quote of the week. Since I'm on a media e-mail list, I've been getting dozens and dozens of messages from the NFL Media Center with quotes from various press conferences. But my most memorable quote came from a drunken fan in a bathroom at Raymond James Stadium during the game on Sunday.

Since I was there as a media person, I was allegedly "neutral" as far as which team I was rooting for, so it wouldn't have been proper to wear my Steelers attire. So I wore a rather festive, tropical sort of shirt to the game.

Between quarters, I headed to a restroom that was filled with drunken fans who were chanting for their respective teams as they waited in lines for each precious urinal. After a fairly long wait, it was finally my turn to expel my $7 Coke from my body. Midway through this task, one of the drunks waiting in line behind me yelled, "Hey… Hawaii Five-O… how 'bout speeding it up?"

Normally I'd probably find that somewhat offensive, but I think my shirt was emitting some sort of festive rays to the degree that I found it pretty amusing.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Book 'im Danno, Urinal one.