Friday, February 6, 2009

Estrogen Fueled Mayhem

Mrs. Smoot is having one of those "women parties" tonight. You know the ones… a bunch of women come over, and a hostess lady will show them the latest in candle technology, or whatever. And then they buy a bunch of stuff, eat and bash men, I assume.

Guys never have parties like this. I think it would be an interesting idea, though. Imagine if a bunch of guys got together, and a host guy would be there to demonstrate the latest in remote controls. We'd love it!

I probably sound like I'm putting these parties down, but that would probably be hypocritical. I can remember attending a Pampered Chef party with Mrs. Smoot a number of years ago, and at the end of the day I wanted to purchase everything the woman had in the catalog. It might be best if I find a good hiding space tonight, lest I decide I suddenly "need" a whole bunch of Tastefully Simple products.

The one bad thing is that I'll be spending the next couple hours mopping and vacuuming. When Mrs. Smoot allowed me to travel down to the Super Bowl, in return I hastily agreed that I'd complete any list of tasks she stuck to my computer keyboard from now until the end of time.

1 comment:

Linda said...

job well done. the house looked great! and i only spent $50 on tastefully simple products that i 'needed'