Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mmmm. Velveeta.

Is there any meal in existence that can't be enhanced by the presence of Velveeta cheese? I think not.

I often wonder what our founding fathers did when they first arrived in this great land. They survived harsh winters, wore dorky hats, and fought numerous battles. But on top of all of that, they somehow managed to live without Velveeta cheese. I'm not sure how they were able to survive up until it was invented in 1918.

I am happy to put Velveeta on most anything. Melt it over french fries or nacho chips... put it on vegetables... hamburgers... or just eat it right out of the box. Heck, I may even eat the box itself. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't see why Velveeta wouldn't be great on top of my breakfast cereal.

I must admit that the one weird thing about Velveeta is that they never really come right out and tell you what exactly it is. When they advertise it, they don't call it "cheese," the box calls it a "pasteurized prepared cheese product." I suppose that should worry me a little bit. I mean, I'd probably be concerned if I were eating steak and they called it a "meat-oriented product."

But Velveeta is just so delicious I guess I don't care what it really is. I do think it would be interesting to visit the Velveeta factory just to see what goes on there, though. I can't help but picture a bunch of plastic cows roaming around on artificial turf, or some such thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

velveeta scares me... but oh so yummy!

Anonymous said...

i forgot to leave my name... linda