Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Life Is Complete!

In the past I have had some of my photos appear in some pretty cool places. I had a shot in People magazine one time, and one of my shots was used in a Chevy ad a few years ago. But I have managed to top that, hands down!

I learned this week that one of my shots was used on The Price Is Right! During this year's Groundhog Day episode, one of my photos was used to introduce the final showcase, which included a trip to Punxsutawney. I can only imagine the excitement and pressure the contestant must have felt when she learned she could win a trip to my hometown for five days.

Where does one go, photographically, after having a photo appear on The Price Is Right? I assume that the only way to top this will be to ride on the space shuttle and photograph the Earth from space, or something along those lines.

As you can imagine, it's hard for me to walk down the street now as people bombard me with questions about this experience: "Did you get to meet Drew Carey?" (No.) "Do you keep in touch with the hot babes who demonstrate the showcase products?" (No.) "Did you have any idea the picture was going to appear on the show until nearly two weeks later, when it was way too late to record the episode?" (No.)

If anyone needs me, I'll be updating my resume, and the wording I want to have on my tombstone. If you're as excited about this as I am, you can watch the full episode here. You'll want to fast forward to the showcase at the end of the show.

No comments: