Thursday, January 29, 2009

Attack of the Mutant Pepsi Cans

As you may be aware, I have a fondness for Diet Vanilla Pepsi. By "fondness," I mean that I wish I could simply hook them up to an IV tube and allow it to flow directly into my veins. It would probably save me from repetitive stress syndrome related to hoisting the cans to my mouth as frequently as I do.

When Pepsi goes on sale we stock up on it and keep many, many 12-packs stacked in our garage. During the holidays, Pepsi was on sale a couple times for very cheap prices, so we bought enormous quantities of it. I had fun stacking it in the garage, making Lego-like buildings out of it.

Anyway, we have had these nasty cold temperatures these past couple weeks, and it has had an interesting effect on some of the cans in my stash. As far as I know, there was only one can actually exploded all over the place, but with the cold temperatures many of the cans mutated in such a way that the top of the can has expanded upwards. Some cans did the same thing at the bottom, making it impossible to stand them up.

I'm getting close to the end of my current supply, hoping that they'll go on sale again soon. Since I'm running low, I've resorted to drinking the mutated cans, and that has been a weird experience. If I wasn't so addicted to these things, I'd be tempted to see how much some goofball would be willing to pay for a mutant can on eBay.

No comments: