Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reverse Puberty

I'm going through a little dilemma here. I have this gigantic zit on the side of my face. At the age of 40, one wouldn't think I would have to be concerned about this sort of thing. But here it is.

Thankfully this wasn't one of those zits that are within my field of vision. Ever have that happen? I've had pimples in the past that were big enough that I could actually see them out of the corner of my eye. In those cases, no matter what I'm doing during the day, all I can concentrate on is the fact that there's this stupid zit on my face.

This zit kind of snuck up on me a bit. I discovered it while brushing my teeth a few days back. I don't know how long it went undetected; usually Mrs. Smoot would be right there to make fun of it, give it a name like "Norman," and/or start picking at it. I'm not capable of just leaving these things alone, either, so I've been messing with it in hopes of getting it to go away, but of course I'm just making it worse.

This has brought back all sorts of memories from my teen years. I can remember going through practically an entire tube of Oxy 10 (or whatever it was called) a day, in an attempt to get my face to look less like a pizza.

And of course I have many fond memories of trying to pop zits in front of the mirror. I used to make a game out of it, kind of like darts. Come to think of it, that would be a cool item to market to teens: a transparent dart board that could be stuck onto mirrors. Ready… Aim… Fire! That's disgusting. I'll make sure I remember to delete this paragraph before publishing this to the blog.

Anyway, I guess my main concern is, what if I'm going through some sort of reverse puberty? If I wake up one of these mornings and my voice jumps up an octave, I'm going to be seriously worried.

2 comments:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Oh My! maybe your are one of those people who were born "old" and get younger as they age (as in the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button )

Hoosaid Dat said...

OK -- maybe not.