Monday, January 26, 2009

Shoving the Shovel

I am against shoveling snow. I know this is a harsh stance, but I just don't see the point, frankly. My feeling is that if God is going to put snow and ice all over our driveway, He can also take responsibility for removing it. If I wait long enough (say, July) He usually does take care of it all.

Our driveway is a nice, short, level surface, so it's not all that difficult to navigate into it no matter how bad the snow gets.

We have neighbors who have similar driveways and are obsessed with shoveling for some reason. A few of them will be out there in frigid temperatures, shoveling away while it's still snowing. What is the point? I often wonder if they finish up, go inside, and are surprised to see that the driveway is covered with snow again an hour later.

I must admit there are cases where I do kinda wish some other people would consider tending to their parking lots a little better. I picked Little Smoot up after her Girl Scouts meeting last night, and the parking lot was a complete sheet of ice. As we walked to the car, we had the following conversation:

ME: Be very careful, because this whole parking lot is covered with ice!

-- 2 Second Pause --

LITTLE SMOOT: (WHOOOSH! Little Smoot falls flat on her back)

ME: I JUST told you to be careful! Weren't you paying att… — (WHOOSH! I fall flat on my back)

Stupid irony.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Next time try these:

http://tinyurl.com/b8usvc