Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Invasion of the Snuggie

Last month I posted a blog entry to complain about the amount of junk e-mails I was receiving, specifically about a stupid-looking product called the Snuggie Sleeved Blanket. I go out of my way to boycott any company that feels the need to fill my mailbox with crap, especially if the crap they're selling would make me look like a moron.

The television commercials for the Snuggie show a family of people watching a football game while wearing this blanket, and they look like the kind of people you'd like to use for target practice.

So last week I was away for an afternoon, and if you're at all familiar with the literary concept of foreshadowing, you know what happened when I got home. There's Little Smoot, brimming with pride while wearing her fancy, new Snuggie, along with the complimentary book light (a $1,199.99 value!). My heart sank.

She wears this stupid thing all the time now. I'm not sure if it's merely a chance to rebel against me specifically, or if she really enjoys the warmth it offers. Maybe she wants to be used for target practice. I don't know.

I'm worried about what's next. If she was that eager to get this product, will she be actively seeking more dumb products, like any of the things offered by annoying shouting pitch-man Billy Mays? One of these days I'm going to come home and find the house filled with OxiClean, Kaboom, Mighty Putty, The Ding King, and who knows what else. I can barely wait.

3 comments:

Karma Shuford said...

you forgot chia pets.

Hoosaid Dat said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of you and the family at a football game.

Teri Enciso said...

Dear Little Smoot

Please buy shuffles so you can clean the floor by dancing in your snuggie!
if you need to practice come to my house!