Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spooky.


You can only imagine how exhausted I am now that I have finally finished my annual Halloween decorating. I got our light-up plastic pumpkin out of the garage, carried it to the front of the house, and plugged it in. Phew -- I'm whooped!

Ok, I'm not all that tired. I've pretty much given up on any attempt at keeping up with our neighbors when it comes to Halloween. Some of the people in our neighborhood go absolutely nuts when it comes to this holiday -- many of them go more overboard for Halloween than they do for Christmas.

We have had people on our street who have rented Hearses to finish off their displays. Seriously. I used to try to keep up a little bit by using a smoke machine during trick-or-treat night, but it seems a little amateurish compared to people on our road who have apparently hired Steven Spielberg and Disney to coordinates their efforts.

If I get ambitious, I may go out and buy a new bulb for our pumpkin since it has burned out. If I get super ambitious, I might put the fake cobwebs on our bushes like I usually do. Little Smoot actually still believes that a giant spider comes along and does that at this time of the year.

No comments: