Friday, October 24, 2008

Mmmm. Salad.

Since it’s Friday, I’m thinking about having a big honkin’ salad for lunch. There’s nothing like a great big salad to polish off the week. Sounds healthy enough, doesn’t it?

Of course my definition of a salad is “anything that involves layers of food, at least one of which is a vegetable. But not necessarily.”

So when I tell Mrs. Smoot that I had a “salad” for lunch, she will roll her eyes, knowing that my salad consisted of a base layer of nacho chips (fulfilling my daily requirement of grains), followed by a layer of melted cheese (from the dairy group), onions (there’s a vegetable!), crumbled ground beef (meat group), shredded cheddar cheese (more dairy!) and tomatoes (which can pass as either a vegetable or fruit!).

Sometimes I’ll supplement all of this with some sour cream (to fulfill my daily requirement of sour cream), and a Diet Vanilla Pepsi (to fulfill my daily quota of bubbles).

There you have it. At least four food groups all wrapped up into one delicious salad. At night I often enjoy one final salad, consisting of ice cream with Hershey’s syrup on it. I really do enjoy my salads.

2 comments:

Karma Shuford said...

i'm liking your definitions, here!

Hoosaid Dat said...

Wow, you are a Health Nut !