Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Pooping in the Yard!

We sat down last night to watch the late news, and a familiar face appeared as the TV anchorperson was reading through the top stories. There was an old boss of mine, being led away in handcuffs! I’m not identifying him in this blog entry; I’m not writing this to drag his name through the mud any further than he has already dragged it himself. Let’s just say that since the time I worked for him at a radio station 15 years ago, his life has apparently taken him in some new, different directions.

I thought I’d bring this up because he authored the single-most hilarious office memo I have ever received, and I thought this would be a fine opportunity to share it. In the early 90s I worked as a DJ at a radio station in Wheeling, WV. Being West Virginia, it was apparently necessary to write a memo to remind employees that it is not good to poop in the radio station’s yard.

Without further adieu, or doo-doo, I present the infamous “Poop Note of ‘92.” In order to keep things as obscenity-free as possible, and to help keep the author’s name anonymous, I have blackened-out certain parts of the document. For most of the blackened-out parts, you can simply substitute the word “poop,” and it will read just fine. Obviously, he chose to use a more colorful form of the word, so if you’re reading it out loud to your friends, you can substitute whichever word you deem most appropriate.

You’ll want to click on the image of the memo to see the full-sized, readable version. Enjoy!