Thursday, October 16, 2008

Freeze Frame!

Political season is heating up, and the attack ads are getting more and more amusing. I always get a kick out of looking at ads where candidates include photographs of their opponents, because they always choose the most horrendously unflattering pictures they can possibly find.

Some of the print ads I have received in the mail make me laugh out loud ("LOL" for you hip people). Opponents in these ads always look as though they have just committed some sort of unnatural acts involving livestock, or some such thing.

With this in mind, I got to thinking about how much fun it would be to make a living as a person who takes unflattering shots like these. I'm a photographer, and people normally expect me to take nice photos, so it would be refreshing and fun for me to take pictures that are intentionally terrible.

Heck, I have taken hundreds and hundreds of photos of political candidates, and if you take enough shots of anyone, you'll undoubtedly come up with a bunch where they look completely dorky.

I thought I'd illustrate that with some of my personal favorite shots that I have taken (like one of John McCain, demonstrating what he may look like as a corpse, and one of Hillary Clinton that looks as though she is checking out someone's "economic package," if you catch my drift). I shot most of these during the current campaign season. Enjoy!





No comments: