Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Cure for Everything

I had mentioned a few weeks back that man’s greatest invention so far is NyQuil. It’s hard to imagine that any illicit drug can provide nearly the same whacked out effects I get with this wonderful product.

I would have to say that Advil is an awesome invention, too, probably also ranking in the Top 10 of man’s greatest works. I can’t think of another pill that is the answer to so many ailments. Headache? Advil. Muscle ache? Advil. Hangover? Advil. Weird unexplained chest pains? Advil. Addiction to Advil? More Advil.

Mrs. Smoot seems to think I have some sort of addiction to Advil, considering I keep some in the car, the bedroom, medicine cabinets, kitchen counter, by the computer, the basement, in the camera bag, on the deck, in my pockets, under our regular pew at church, in the shower, etc. The truth of the matter is that I rarely take more than 20 of them a day. Unless of course I have some sort of ache or pain, and I might take just a few more.

I’d type more about it, but my fingers are getting sore. Thankfully, I have a cure for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were ever serious you'd be dangerous.