Friday, December 12, 2008

Yacking Up the Holidays

How can we explain to our cat that Christmas is not meant to be edible?

Murray, our family's feline genius, has been making a nasty habit of sneaking around, chomping on various holiday decorations, and then barfing them up in the basement. At least he is considerate enough to throw up in the basement most of the time instead of doing it on the carpeting, or the furniture, or my pillow.

It seems that every day I'll go downstairs and find a new surprise: a big blob of yuck, with remnants of an ornament, mistletoe, or Wise Man sticking out of it. Thanks, buddy!

You would think that he'd eventually learn there's a cause/effect relationship between eating Christmas, and why a short time later he doesn't feel so well. Instead, if I go downstairs and find him there, he'll give me that look as if to say, "I don't know how this happened!" as we survey the repulsive landscape. I don't think he's the sharpest ornament on the tree…

No comments: