Monday, December 29, 2008

We’re Baaaaack

The Smoot clan hopes you had a wonderful Christmas! We spent our Christmas Day in a very traditional fashion, snorkeling and kayaking in the Caribbean, just like the wise men who were following the Starfish of Bethlehem.

We just got home yesterday after a week of sailing on the Independence of the Seas, which is currently shares the title of being the largest cruise ship in the world with its two sister ships. And since we're home, we can now bore you to tears with stories from our trip. That is, after all, the point of going on a vacation in the first place. If I'm lucky, I may be able to juice an entire month's worth of blog entries on this trip!

Since we're still unpacking and the house is a complete mess, I'll use today's entry as a preview of what is to come… I'll share stories about my visit to Hell, how to accurately have a conversation with a foreign person, and I'll discuss another of man's greatest inventions: the Flowrider! I'll also share stories about the various contests I won on the trip, earning me many of the coveted Royal Caribbean keychains as prizes, and why I was half naked and wearing a woman's bra on Christmas Day in full view of hundreds of people (this happens to me on most cruises, actually).

For now, unless I want to experience the Wrath of Mrs. Smoot, I should probably do some degree of cleaning…

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Welcome back. can't wait to hear the stories. I am assuming the one about the conversation with a foreign person will have something to do with talking real loud to them so you can pierce their brain with your voice.

Hmm my word verification is "pyrot" ewww