Monday, December 1, 2008

A Flossing We Will Go

Time to get out the dental floss, at least for the next week.

Normally, the only time I floss is when I have two-thirds of a chicken wing embedded deeply into my teeth, and my tongue just isn't able to dislodge the darned thing. Don't tell my dental hygienist lady, though. As far as she is aware, the grocery store is barely able to keep up with my dental floss needs since I am faithfully flossing my teeth after every meal, before bed, when I get up in the morning, and perhaps during the sermon at church.

It used to be that every time I'd go to the dentist, she'd peer into my mouth and give me that disgusted, condescending look, as if she was peering into a dormitory toilet or something. Then she'd say the same line she has been saying at every visit: "You haven't been flossing, have you?"

Well, in recent visits I've discovered a very handy trick that I thought I'd pass along. Just dedicate a little time -- a week should do the trick -- before the dentist visit to doing a little routine flossing. I have found that if I floss every night the week leading up to my check-up, the hygienist lady will be properly tricked into thinking that I am a Flossing God of some sort. She actually wrote a note in the computer on the last visit saying something about my wonderful hygiene habits.

I'm sure I'll have more dental-oriented tips and such in these next few days leading up to this wondrous and joyous occasion next Monday...

No comments: