Friday, May 1, 2009

Quiz Time!

Sorry to post yet another Facebook-related blog entry, but here goes.

If you are one of the six remaining people on Earth who doesn’t have a Facebook account, you probably don’t know about the various quizzes that appear on the site. You can take one of these tests, and then invite everybody you know to take the same quiz so you can share your tremendously interesting results.

When you take a quiz, your results appear on your own Facebook page, which is all good and well, but then they also appear on everyone else’s pages, too. And that can be somewhat annoying, especially if you have friends who have apparently devoted their entire lives to taking these quizzes. I have several such friends.

I have another Facebook friend who posted a note the other day saying that he has not only begun hiding various quizzes from his page, but he has started hiding/ignoring various friends from his page, too. (You can hide any given quiz or friend so their messages don’t clutter up your own page.)

There are all sorts of quizzes out there. Some recent ones taken by my friends include: “What Barbie doll are you?,” “What ice cream flavor best describes you?” and “Which celebrity should you marry?”

I posted a note on my friend’s page in response to his note. I said, in my usual sarcastic tone, “Well if you hide the quizzes, how are you going to know what brand of dishwasher best suits my personality, then?” Another friend saw this message, and before I knew it, he had created a new quiz with that subject.

I took the quiz since I inspired it (I’m a Whirlpool!).

Well, of course now that I know that anyone can easily set up their own quiz, I want to make a bunch of them. Several ideas came to mind as I was mowing the lawn yesterday: “What kind of paramecium do you most relate to?” “What chicken wing flavor best describes your love live?” and “What brand of soup smells the most like your bathroom?”

I’m sure I can come up with a plethora of these.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

I haven't seen or heard the term "paramecium" since 10th grade biology class, and you actually used it in a sentence.

By the way, what's Facebook? :+)