Friday, May 15, 2009

Mmmm. Ivory-licious.

Earlier this week I was the emcee for a Christian Women Spring Banquet at our church.

Obviously, the organizers were looking for the best emcee they could possibly get. They wanted someone with amazing wit and humor, someone with that amazing ability to relate to women of all ages... someone who would willingly wear a suit and tie (or possibly two ties), and above all else, they needed someone who isn't good at lying about having other plans the night of the dinner.

So I showed up the other night, wearing a suit, and equipped with several witty remarks. I got a couple laughs here and there, so I guess it was a success. But the best laughs of the night were thanks to our pastor.

The women who organized the event had placed these little wrapped favors at each table setting prior to the dinner. My pastor saw it, unwrapped it, and took a really big bite of it. And after a few short moments of evaluating the taste, he came to realize that this was not a big hunk of candy he was eating. No, it was a bar of soap.

So we all got a good laugh out of that one. Our sermon should be very, very clean this weekend.

5 comments:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Washed his mouth out with soap, eh?

Hoosaid Dat said...

What I now want to know is, how did that picture of the guy with 2 ties end up as my avatar???? Huh?????

Hank W. Smoot said...

Good question!

Hoosaid Dat said...

I didn't make any changes.

Teri Enciso said...

WOW that happened to my friend who was in my wedding. she took a huge bite out of a soap bride and groom and said WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE GIVE SOAP AS A FAVOR! The next morning she said she was very hungry and contemplated taking another bite of the bride and groom.