Monday, June 1, 2009

Losing Our Freaking Minds

As I look back through my blog entries, I can see plenty of evidence that I'm losing my freaking mind. Accidentally wearing two ties to church on Easter Sunday is just one of many fine examples.

Last week I took Little Smoot to Kennywood Park for her school's annual day of fun. As I rounded the curve by Point State Park in Pittsburgh it occurred to me that the tickets were sitting way back at home. I won't mention that when I called Mrs. Smoot to see if she'd meet me half way, she headed down our hill to meet up with us and then realized that she had forgotten the tickets at home, too, and also had to go back home for them.

There has got to be something in our water, making us insane.

The other day I pulled another of my favorite stunts. Perhaps those of you with contact lenses can relate. Perhaps not. Anyway, it was the end of a long day and I went into the bathroom to remove my contacts. It seemed that they were a little stubborn to come out for some reason. I kept at it, though, pinching away to try to get a good grip on my contacts, pulling at my eyeballs to get them free. But they just wouldn't come off.

It wasn't until 5 minutes or so later that I realized that I had already taken my contacts out earlier in the evening. So I was basically prying my cornea right out of my eyeball in an attempt to remove imaginary contacts. Just spend the rest of the day trying not to think about that one...

2 comments:

Toni said...

hahahahahaha... i love your 2 tie incident and the kennywood is quite funny... but i have done that with contacts as well and it hurts pretty bad. one time i actually rinsed my contacts with the cleaner... it burnt them out and they were so red for about 3 days... i should have known because the cleaner says "do not put in eyes" and it has a red cap and it smells funny... good times!

Hoosaid Dat said...

Wasn't it Oedipus who ripped his eyes out one by one?