Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blank Mind Syndrome

Ever have one of those weeks where your brain just stops generating new thoughts? That's what happened to me this past week. No new blog entries for an entire week, and without a good reason!

Monday came along, and I sat at the keyboard and I thought to myself: "I have no thoughts." On any subject. At all. So I didn't create a blog entry, even though I considered writing a thoughtful piece to ponder how, exactly, microwave ovens work. That has always been one of life's greatest mysteries, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, Tuesday came along. Still no new thoughts.

Ditto for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Now here it is, Saturday evening, and I still seem to have very few new thoughts. I could write about the giant spider that's presently wandering across the window sill, apparently unaware that I'm going to squash it with my Rubik's Cube. Meh.

I'm heading out for a camping trip with Little Smoot and one of her friends this week, so presumably I'll have some new thoughts when we return. Or I'll be completely insane. Could go either way.

5 comments:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Maybe you could tell us the deer vs. car stories again.

Anonymous said...

(This page is intentionally blank.)

Anonymous said...

hmm...

Hank W. Smoot said...

I think my brain has simply taken the summer off. Normal brain wave activity shall resume :)

Hoosaid Dat said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot