Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meet The Swearing Neighbors

Well, I started the day as I have started so many days in the past: by calling the police to attend to our idiot neighbors down the street. We have lovingly dubbed them "The Swearing Neighbors" because they have this wonderful and continual habit of turning all of their arguments into public performances.

Attached to the back end of their house (which is about 300 feet from the back of our house, down a side street) is what most people would consider to be a deck. However, the Swearing Neighbors don't believe it is a deck at all. No, to them, it is a stage. And unfortunately, the rest of the neighborhood is their unwilling audience.

I first called the police regarding one of their performances back around 2002. I later learned that the day I called was the day after they moved in. On that occasion, the woman was repeatedly calling the man a newly-coined swear word that would probably get me banned from the Blog-O-Sphere if I were to type it. Let's just say it started with an infamous "C-word" that offends every woman I've ever met... plus the word "hole"... plus the word that technically means "female dog" but is rarely used for that purpose.

Since that time I have notified the police about their performances more than a dozen times, and we even took them to court a couple years ago, successfully getting them charged with disorderly conduct. I'll save that story for another entry someday. I will tell you it was a hilarious encounter with the judicial system, and I relished the fact the Swearing Neighbors actually argued and swore at the judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man. I'd have thought their little visit to the courthouse would have encouraged them to take their act indoors...with all the windows and doors shut and covered with soundproofing.

John