Monday, September 15, 2008

Going Amish


I'm glad I went ahead and went to the Steelers/Browns game last night; otherwise I would have spent the night pacing around because our power was off at home. I had thought about skipping the game due to the forecast for rain, but Mother Nature teased me into making the trip to Cleveland by providing sun and warm temperatures earlier in the day.

Meanwhile, back at home, the power went out as the remnants of Hurricane Ike swept through with a vengeance. So the rest of the Smoot clan spent the evening "being Amish." Little Smoot couldn't play video games; Mrs. Smoot couldn't get the work done on the computer as she had planned.

When I got home, I found several barrels of freshly-churned butter, and all of our cows had been freshly milked. And my swanky denim trousers and suspenders were nicely washed.

The electric came back on shortly after I got home at 2:30 this morning. But now we don't have water service! As a result, I'm sporting quite a funky, somewhat Amish hairstyle today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, its 6:00 the day after and i'm still amish. gotta go and feed the horses.
linda