Friday, September 26, 2008

Baaaaaarrrack!

Like most people, when I’m out driving around by myself, I like to practice burping, followed by burping louder. Of course this can lead to embarrassing situations, like when I have the window open and I’m at a stoplight, and the person beside me also has their window open, and they look at me funny.

But that’s not my point. My point is that I made a very interesting discovery the other day. It turns out that it’s really fun to burp the name “Barack.” Try it! The name just really lends itself well to the art of burping.

You kinda have to strain yourself to make the “M” sound to properly enunciate “McCain,” and if you burp the name “John” it just comes out too quickly to really enjoy it. “Biden” works pretty well, especially if you stretch out the “I” sound so it sounds like “Biiiiiiiiiden.”

I’ve had some limited success with “Palin,” too, but it’s certainly nowhere near as impressive as “Barack.”

I’m not sure yet if this discovery will affect my vote in November, although it certainly may. It would be pretty silly to continue to perfect burping the name “Barack” if he fades back into relative obscurity.

No comments: