Friday, June 4, 2010

The Fashion Family

It's not just me.

Most people who know me will fondly remember the Easter Sunday when I went to church, greeted numerous people, and then realized that I was inexplicably wearing two ties.  As odd as that was, I am happy to say that I am not the only member of the Smoot clan to have issues with fashion anomalies.

Last night was Little Smoot's band concert, which featured students from three elementary schools, the high school jazz ensemble, and an auditorium that had no air conditioning.

Moments before we were about to head out the door, Mrs. Smoot looked down and realized that she was wearing two different shoes.  This wasn't a case where she had two extremely similar shoes that were technically different, like having a black shoe and a really dark blue shoe.  She has done that before, and even after hearing her say "these shoes don't match," I couldn't tell the difference.

No, these shoes were quite extremely different, almost like wearing a boot on one foot, and a flip-flop on the other.  So she fixed that problem before we left.

And then Little Smoot came down the stairs, all dressed up for her big night of trumpet playing.  But Mrs. Smoot happened to notice that Little Smoot was unknowingly wearing her dress backwards.  Yes, backwards.

Of course neither Mrs. Smoot nor Little Smoot managed to actually go into public with their own wardrobe malfunctions in place, but perhaps that will happen soon.  I just thought it was rather ironic that I was the only person in the house who managed to dress correctly for once.  At least as far as I am aware...

No comments: