Monday, September 14, 2009

The Sleep-over

Have you ever had 5 grade-school age girls sleep over at your house? I didn't think so... no sane person would ever consider such a thing. But we did just that over the weekend. Little Smoot had a few friends over for the night, and you can just imagine how much sleep everyone got.

We began the night innocently enough. We got them sugared up on M&Ms and other equally healthy foods, and they spent a couple hours playing on the Wii. Their favorite Wii game was called "Fart Wars," during which two competitors fly through the air, powered by their own farts, while attempting to avoid obstacles. And the winner gets flushed down a giant toilet (I'm not sure why this happens to the winner, and the loser merely gets thwapped up against a rock wall).

I suggested to the girls that if their parents asked what they did while they were here, I would strongly prefer that they would claim that we were all playing Bible-themed games while eating healthy vegetables, as opposed to eating vast quantities of chocolate while playing Fart Wars. I'm sure the parents would buy that story.

Later at night, while continuing to eat "vegetables" and such, they played some games that seemed to involve a lot of giggling and slamming of doors. I don't know the specifics of the game, but I did eventually find Little Smoot bound and gagged in a closet, and other girls were complaining because they hadn't had a turn and being tied up in the closet yet.

A little after midnight they played a very short-lived version (thank goodness) of Truth or Dare. I really don't want to know what truths OR dares were involved. There are some things that parents just aren't meant to know.

Around 1:00 a.m., they decided it was time to make a movie. I doubt that Spielberg will need to worry about the competition. I asked them to turn the lights out and get to sleep at about 1:30 a.m., and they fully cooperated that request at about 6:30 (I'm serious).

I'm planning to catch up on sleep sometime in the coming months. For now I think I'm getting hungry for some veggies.

No comments: