Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ruffled

I have always suspected that there is something inherently wrong with living in the United States, and it actually has nothing at all to do with former President Bush OR Barney the Dinosaur.

Don't get me wrong... I love fruited plains as much as anyone (although I honestly cannot remember ever seeing purple mountains, despite traveling extensively throughout the country).

Anyway, I have always felt like there's just something we're missing, and when we were in Canada a couple weeks ago, I remembered what it was: Ruffles "All Dressed" potato chips.

You can only get this particular flavor (or "flavour" as they like to say in Canadian) of Ruffles chips in Canada. When we visit the Great White North, we always purchase a large quantity of these chips to bring back home.

As a result, we always get a little nervous as we're going through Customs at the U.S. border, worrying that there's some restriction on bringing these babies into our homeland and that we're going to be swarmed by honked off Canadian potato chip agents.

What's the big deal about these chips? They're just freakin' awesome, that's what. The flavor is some amazing combination of a bunch of flavors, and the result is a potato chip that tastes like there's a party in my mouth, and everyone is invited.

Mrs. Smoot has a particularly hard time keeping her hands off the All Dressed chips. I think one of the bags that we were attempting to smuggle back home barely made it to the border. If there were some sort of restriction on bringing these chips across the border, the Customs agents would probably be suspicious of Mrs. Smoot with all sorts of flavor powder affixed to her lips and chin as we were driving through.

Anyway... if you feel as strongly about this injustice as I do, I encourage you to fill out this petition to bring these things here. Thank you.

2 comments:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Hmmmm, just what is the "Artificial Flavour? Vinegar, onion and red bell pepper?

Anonymous said...

I love those chips!!
Linda