Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today is The Day

Every year around this time I come upon a single day where I decide that I simply can’t take any more of winter. And I think I’ll declare today as The Day.

It’s March, for heaven’s sake, so I’m officially ready to start seeing temperatures rise above freezing. Preferably way above freezing. We should be out flying kites in March, right? But yesterday and today we’ve had temperatures in the teens with highs maybe reaching into the 20s. Bah on that.

Sunday night we were walking home from a neighbor’s house, and we nearly turned into popsickles. (As a side note, one of our neighbor’s last names is “Sickles.” I often wonder if the father of the family is called “Pop Sickles.”)

It’s somewhat ironic that I am fed up with this winter, considering I have already made two trips to Florida since December. And I have another trip to the South coming up in less than three weeks. You’d think that I could tolerate a couple more weeks of the cold, knowing that I’ll be basking in 70s or maybe even 80s later this month, but I can’t seem to convince my brain to thaw out and be just be content with that.

I am going to write a snippy letter to my congressperson to see what can be done. I think the weather needs a government bailout.

No comments: