Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pumped Up

Last weekend I was coughing so bad at night that I actually sought medical attention from a person in the medical profession. Normally I limit my medical care to a quick sprint through the NyQuil Aisle at the grocery store.

I am rather hesitant to seek professional medical care from medical professional humans because now that I've surpassed Age 40, something terrible is eventually going to happen.

Eventually I'm going to be in a little sterile room and everything will seem bright and happy... and then the lights will suddenly dim, scary music will start playing, and someone is going to lunge at me with their hand concealed in a scary, white glove. I'm not ready.

So I generally avoid human medical care unless blood is actively shooting out of one of my main orifices or something.

Anyway, nothing scary happened at the walk-in clinic I went to. The nice lady gave me an Albuterol inhaler, which greatly helped me take care of the nasty coughing. And for whatever reason she prescribed a series of steroid doses for me, so I have been taking those all week.

On the first day of the steroids (or "Roids," or "Juice," as me and my pals on the street like to say), you take 6 of these pills, and then you take one fewer pill each day. Today I'm down to just two pills.

I will say that I have been feeling much better these last couple days. The only real side effect I've noticed is this weird, uncontrollable urge to play baseball.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

This should fix you up:

http://tinyurl.com/czkwxg