Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Annual Futile Fitness Attempt

It's time for my official AFFA Week! AFFA, of course, stands for Annual Futile Fitness Attempt. And it generally lasts around a week. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

The weather got really nice for a couple days last week. It's Mother Nature's way of teasing us in early March before turning around and dumping more snow on us to depress us further. With the nice weather I was inspired to go out and take a nice, brisk walk down to the end of our road and back. It's a 2-mile round trip, enough that I think it actually qualifies as "excercise." I have been making this trek daily, with a couple exceptions of really rainy days, since then.

I get this way every year around this time. I'll think, "A-ha! THIS is the year that I'm going to get into some sort of shape!" And before I know it, I'll come to accept the fact that "round" is indeed technically some sort of shape, and I'll say the heck with it.

It's sunny and reasonably warm again today, so I guess I'll take my walk in a bit. Or maybe I'll eat some cookies. I'll have to think about it.

No comments: