Monday, March 2, 2009

Slept Like a Baby...

I can definitely say that I slept like a baby on Saturday night. I woke up every three hours, and I wanted to hit the bottle.

Who came up with that stupid phrase in the first place, "slept like a baby?" I am guessing that person never had children. Everyone I know who has been personally involved with babies would probably attest that getting a baby to sleep in an acceptable manner is pretty much freakin' impossible. But for some reason people use this phrase to describe a delightful night of sleep.

Anyway.

This cold has been driving me nuts, and Saturday night was just miserable. I couldn't fall asleep until well after midnight, and then I woke up coughing my head off at 5:00 a.m. I wasn't even fully aware that there was such a thing at "5:00 a.m." until then.

Thankfully I got me some more powerfuller drugs yesterday, and things are going much more smoothly today. The only side effect seems to be that I tend to make up words, like powerfuller. But otherwise I seem to be much less wonkified.

No comments: