Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to The Future!

Woooooooooo... it's finally here -- 2010!

I can remember when I was growing up, and thinking about this year.  2010 definitely represented "The Future!"  So I'm definitely looking forward to all of the amazing technological advancements we are expected to see, based on how I envisioned 2010 as a child:

- Flying cars
- Self-tying shoes (as shown in Back to the Future)
- The hoverboard (also as shown in Back to the Future)
- Colonization of the moon
- African American President (ooooh... we have that one already!)
- Friendly interactions with alien beings
- Bionics
- Floating houses, like in the Jetsons
- Robot maids, like in the Jetsons
- Oooooh... jet packs!
- Cures for all known diseases
- And of course, the orgasm pill.

I am very excited about these advancements, which we have clearly been promised on numerous TV shows and movies.  I must say, I am very optimistic about the decade now that I have read this article.  Please let's give these people an enormous government grant.

Feel free to add your own expectations for technological advancements.  I'm sure I may have forgotten something.

2 comments:

Karma Shuford said...

Should we be concerned that as a child, you envisioned an orgasm pill by the year 2010?

Hank W. Smoot said...

I had no idea what that meant back then, but I definitely wanted to learn...