Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

Little Smoot's prayers were finally answered this morning.  No school due to snow!

This is the first time this school year that our district has had a delay or closing, so she's pretty excited.  Granted, she's outside right now shoveling the driveway, so her enthusiasm for snow days may wane a bit in the very near future.

I used to enjoy going out and playing in the snow, but I can't say I have been too excited about it during the past, I dunno, 30 years or so.  Growing up, we had a really good yard for sledding, and we'd build some pretty elaborate trails for doing so.

We also had a pond, so we would often make a sledding path that would end up on the ice.  So not only did we have the possibility of running into various trees while sled riding, we also had the distinct possibility of crashing through the ice and drowning.  Ice was much thicker back in those days, since we didn't have Global Warming back then.

In recent years I haven't been all that excited about going out in the snow, but I did enjoy it one day a few years ago.  We had stopped at a relative's house to see if they were home, but no one was around.  There was a lot of snow around though, so I decided it would be a good day for a little prank.

This was back in the days when I was addicted to Mountain Dew, so I had a full can with me.  I walked up to their house, making sure I was leaving distinct footprints leading up to their door.  I also made sure that the last steps I took made a nice, wide stance right at their door step.

Then I poured a generous amount of the Mountain Dew onto the snow between my legs.  I didn't have any way of finding out what may have happened after that, but I really like to think that they got home a few minutes later and wondered what kind of idiot would walk up to their house and take a whiz.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

AHAH! So that was you . . .???