Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Another Facebook Member

Little Smoot is now on Facebook.  Now it will be much easier for her to tell people about her various academic and social accomplishments, like dancing on the stage with Flo-Rida.

She had been bugging us for a good while about getting a Facebook account, and we successfully avoided it for quite a long time.  The other day she told me, "But everyone in my class is on Facebook!"

Suuuure, they are, I said.  Just like everyone in your class has their own cell phone, and everyone in your class has their own pony, and everyone in your class has a vintage Corvette, etc.

Well, I got a friend request from one of Little Smoot's classmates the other day, and this gave me access to see this girl's list of Facebook friends.  And, oddly enough, practically every other member of her class was indeed on Facebook.  Go figure.

Not wanting her to be a social networking outcast, I helped her set up her account.  I figured it would take a bit of time to explain all of the intricacies of Facebook to her, since it took me several months to really understand it.  I wanted to help her learn how to ignore some of the stupid crap on Facebook, like Farmtown (part of the site where you can manage your very own pretend farm...  the heck with that), and whatnot.

But, like most things, she caught onto Facebook pretty much immediately.  And as we speak, she is busily messing with her stupid Farmtown application.

No comments: