Monday, October 12, 2009

Wanted: Responsible Adult

I got an interesting call from Little Smoot's school the other day. When I see the school's phone number on the caller ID, I naturally get a little concerned about what might have happened to my kid, but it turned out to be a nice call from her teacher.

She wanted to know if I'd be interested in being a chaperone for an upcoming 6th grade field trip to the science center in Pittsburgh. After all, when you hear of someone in need of a "responsible adult," my name almost always immediately comes up (suuuure it does).

I told her I'd love to join them for the trip! What better opportunity could I ever ask for, in terms of being a huge embarrassment to my daughter? That is my role in life nowadays, and I'm really enjoying it.

I already told Little Smoot that if she gives me any sort of grief between now and the field trip, I am going to call her by her new nickname in front of her entire class: "Thunder Butt."

I'm going to milk this one for all I can.

No comments: