Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Urinal Unification Act

I'm seriously thinking about writing to my congressperson, just as soon as I figure out who that person might be.

Like many people, I frequently visit a variety of restrooms.  I have recently noticed a disturbing trend in some public restrooms.  It would appear that whoever designs these things can't decide how high to mount urinals on the walls, leading to some weird situations.

The other night we went out to eat, and there was a urinal that was so low to the floor that I almost had to pee while standing on my knees.  I took a picture of it (above) with my cell phone because I thought it was pretty weird.  Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but I think it would have been weird on my part to wander into the bathroom with my normal, big camera.

I can understand how some places put urinals nice and low for the benefit of kids, but I think that one may have been designed for people no taller than your average fetus.

Last week, I was in a restroom where the urinals were so high that I almost needed to jump up and down while peeing, and that could certainly introduce its own problems to the process.

So I am hoping to get a new law introduced.  I call it the Urinal Unification Act of 2009.  It would require all urinals to be at the same, comfortable height, based on a person of my particular dimensions.  I'm obviously hoping you'll consider contacting your congressperson, too, if you can figure out who that might be.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Frank Drebin: Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.