Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time for Some Disinfecting

I would say that I am 97.6% better, having been ill for the last week or so.  It had been a long time since I had a cold, so I was definitely due for one.  And I was glad to get it out of the way with now so that hopefully I can be good and healthy for our vacation next month.

Mrs. Smoot and Little Smoot are now also under the weather.  Mrs. Smoot has virtually no voice, which is nice in the sense that I know I can get away with anything without being yelled at (ok, she doesn't normally yell at me for things, but I had to say that anyway).

The worst thing about this particular cold wasn't my scratchy throat, or my stuffy nose.  I didn't cough a whole lot, so that wasn't so bad.  No, the worst thing about this cold was reasonably disgusting, and I'm not terribly proud of it.

This cold was unique because for many nights in a row, I would wake up in the middle of the night and make the lovely discovery that I had been drooling all over my pillow.  How wonderful!

So I would do what any normal person would do.  Namely, I'd think about how gross this was for a few seconds, and then I'd flip the pillow over to the other side and hope to God that the other side had gotten dry since the last time I flipped it.  And back to sleep I'd go.  Yuck.

Some people would probably have gotten up and changed pillow cases, I suppose, but we only have so many of them.  Maybe I should keep a bottle of Febreze by the bed, or something.  I dunno.

No comments: