Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ok, I'm Back

I officially survived our trip to Louisiana last week, and I am back.  Actually, I've been back since Saturday, but I brought back, as a souvenir, a nasty head cold.  I've spent most of the week hacking, snorting, sniffling and wheezing, and in general being fairly miserable to be around.  More miserable than usual, even.

The first couple days of our mission trip involved a lot of sweeping at a building where they hope to one day host future mission trip visitors.  I eventually succumbed to peer pressure and wore one of those stupid dust mask things, but I'm sure I had already inhaled plenty of nasty stuff by then.

I'm finally to the stage where I only need a normal night of sleep, instead of getting up in the morning to get Little Smoot off to school, and then going back to sleep until the time I need to pick her up from school.

I'm pretty sure it was the dust that made me sick, but also may have been my exposure to an excessive amount of Frank Sinatra, too.  My car companions on the trip were significantly older than I am, and they have a fondness for Ol' Blue Eyes.  They also had satellite radio in the car, and Channel 73 is "Siriusly Sinatra," which we listened to for the majority of the ride home.

I can be very happy to go years without hearing Frank Sinatra, but we listened to it from Northern Alabama all the way back to PA.  I'm pretty sure that I was the only one in the vehicle who was getting a nervous twitch after being subjected to him for that long.  I can normally drive long, long distances without getting tired, but I could feel myself swerving around a bit, thanks to Frank lulling me to sleep.

Anyway, I think I'll avoid dust AND FRANK for a while.  Maybe I need a nap.

1 comment:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Scoobie, doobie doo. Dah dah dah dee dah . . .