Thursday, February 11, 2010

Too Much Time on My Hands? Nah.

Sorry I haven't posted for a number of days, but I've been busy shoveling.  And as soon as I get done shoveling, it's time to go shovel some more.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Greater Smootville Region, we got around 20" of snow beginning last Friday into Saturday, and then yet another half foot or so yesterday.  And there's talk of more snow in the next few days.

I figured that if Mother Nature was going to give us lemons, I was going to screw with the neighbors (isn't that how the phrase goes?).  I created a little illusion in one of our snow mounds by sticking an old pair of pants and shoes upside-down, along with a pair of gloves.

An hour or so after putting this into place, I got a call from our next door neighbor, who was laughing so hard she could barely speak.  Apparently another neighbor had called her and thought that a guy from next door was "standing at the entrance to our driveway, but something doesn't look right."  She replied after looking out the window, and said, "You're right he doesn't look right -- he's upside-down!"

Knowing that I'm demented and everything, she knew it was a prank right away.  But other people have apparently been momentarily fooled by it.  I ran into yet another neighbor at the grocery store today, and she reported that one of her co-workers had driven through the neighborhood and almost stopped to help!

Oh, and I should note that I saw a police car drive by earlier, and he just shook his head.

Mission accomplished!

No comments: