Monday, February 22, 2010

My Latest Rant

Ok, enough already.  I feel the need to express my extreme displeasure with a new trend in television advertising.  For some odd reason a number of business owners have begun this habit of having their kids participate in their TV commercials.

Here in the Smootville television market, I can think of at least three instances of this phenomenon.  One, naturally, is a car commercial.  Another is a father and daughter who want to remodel your bathroom.

It just seems like the guys who own these businesses decide, "what the heck, I have a hot-looking daughter... if they see her in my ads people will want to hire me to remodel their bathroom."  I'm sorry, but in reality, it just makes people want to make out with your hot daughter.  The heck with their bathrooms.

By far, the winner of the Most Annoying Father and Daughter Contest is the owner of "Allgood Home Improvement," which recently set up shop in our market.  Dad and the hot daughter go back and forth, yelling at us about how they can't wait to sell us windows at 2-For-1 Savings!  For the First Time Ever!  Woooo!

If you can watch this commercial and not want to smack both of these people in the head with a brick -- especially at the end when they scream, "We'll save you a LOT OF MONEY!"-- then you are a much better person than I:



These folks also have a new commercial (which, quite unfortunately is not yet available online) that features a very young, frizzy-haired brother of the hot daughter, who remarks, "Dude that's awesome!" after learning about the 2-For-1 window sale, as though at age 7 he has many years of experience dealing with the issue of purchasing home improvement products.

I am wearing out my mute button.

No comments: