Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm a Toasty Cinnamon Bun

Ok. I’m ready for Spring. Yes, I fully realize that it’s not even technically winter yet, but with temperatures barely making it into the 30s these past few days, I say the heck with it, let’s just skip a bunch of these nasty months and get right to May. Or perhaps June.

The real bugger about the cold weather is that I find it nearly impossible to get out of bed these mornings. There was an early episode of The Simpsons where Homer is all snuggled in his bed in the morning, and he describes himself as a “big toasty cinnamon bun.” He decides that he never wants to leave his bed, at least until he realizes that he has to “take a whiz.”

That’s pretty much identical to my recent mornings. I feel like I’m glued to the bed, and I wake up with the blankets so tightly wrapped around me that it’s difficult to get up, even if I want to. I don’t even like to have my head poking out of the blankets because I can feel the cold air on my nose.

And then every 6 minutes the clock radio turns back on, and it seems to always turn on in the middle of the weather forecast, which only encourages me to slink further into bed and hit the snooze button again. I’ll decide that I’m never leaving my bed. Until I realize that I have to take a whiz…

2 comments:

Hoosaid Dat said...

Wait till you try to get up tomorrow morning (after the Steelers/Bengals game)

Hank W. Smoot said...

You got Dat right! Yawn...