Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Addition to the Family

Yes, the Smoots have added a new family member.  Its name is "Droid."  No, it's not a new child, or a dog... it's my new phone.  And it's not just any phone.  No, it's the coolest new toy I have had in a long, long time, and I am including my extendable fork in that statement.

This phone does everything.  It has a built-in GPS with voice navigation.  It has a decent web browser.  If I'm on a trip I can hook it up to my laptop and use it to connect to the Internet.  It has a surprisingly decent camera.  There are a bajillion "apps" that I can download, like one that will identify a song you're hearing, and where you can buy it.

If it's raining outside, a little animated windshield wiper will flash across the screen.  I can play Tetris on it.  You can point it at the night sky, and it will identify what stars/planets you're seeing.  I can talk to it, and it will translate my sentences into a myriad of other languages.

With the new "Fartalyzer" app, I can record the sound of myself farting, and not only will it tell me what musical key the fart was in, but it will also let me know, based on the characteristics of the recording, whether I should immediately change underwear.  It's that good.

So anyway, if I continue to have giant gaps in between blog entries, you can be sure that the phone is to blame.  I'm probably spending all day playing with it instead of blogging.  Of course if I find an app that allows me to post blog entries by merely thinking of stuff, there will be a LOT more new posts here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There are a bajillion "apps" that I can download, like one that will identify a song you're hearing, and where you can buy it."

Uh, oh. Mrs. Smoot won’t get jealous of that app, will she?

Hoosaid Dat said...

Preperation H works wonders for those things.