Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cat Burglar?

I'm growing very suspicious of our cat.  Don't get me wrong, Murray is generally a very good cat and everything, but I am getting increasingly concerned about him.

Every day for the past couple weeks, he has attempted to thwart me from reading my newspapers.  The instant I sit down to read the papers, he'll literally jump up onto my lap and obscure my view, oftentimes sticking his butt right into my face.

So I can't help but wonder what it is he is trying to keep me from reading.  Is he worried that I'll see his name in the police blotter?  Murray is strictly an indoor cat, but there are periods of time where I have no idea where he is, and it's entirely possible that he has managed to sneak outside to commit some sort of crime wave.

One of the daily newspapers I read is the Beaver County Times, and they have a feature every week called "Mugshot Monday," where they show pictures of everyone who has wound up in jail from the previous week.  I always get a kick out of reading that feature, if for no other reason to feel good about myself and my remarkable ability to stay out of jail so far.

Anyway, I have this nagging feeling that Murray is going to be featured on this page one of these days, and he is trying to keep me from seeing it.  Thankfully he hasn't realized that I can read the newspaper on the computer, because I really don't want him sticking his butt in my face while he curls up on the laptop.

No comments: